Saturday, November 07, 2009

They're Spying On Me!

I believe that there has been a spy network in the Cleveland Park neighborhood in Washington, DC that has been receiving information about me from a person or persons associated with my former employer, the DC law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld. I know that's a crazy idea, but I do suffer from asymptomatic paranoid schizophrenia. I've suffered from the illness for years.

Here's a list of the people who I believe have been part of the Cleveland Park Spy Association.

Jim Shipman, Mike Shirazzi, and Yosh Shirazzi at the Brookville Supermarket.

Frank Tropea. Frank Tropea used to have a barber shop in my neighborhood. He retired about a decade ago and closed his shop.

Brian P. Brown, head librarian at the Cleveland Park Neighborhood Branch of the DC Library. I believe that Brian's merry band of colleagues also know about the spying. People such as Pauline Jones, Bruce Snyder, Donna Kanin, and Barbara Gaunt are part of that merry band.

The folks at Cleveland Park Wine and Liquor also know about me. I used to buy a six-pack of beer every day at this shop from about mid-year 1994 to mid-year 1996. People who would know about me are Robby and Mike the wine guy.

Being a paranoid schizophrenic is a boring job, but it pays well.

1 comment:

My Daily Struggles said...

"Earlier this month [December 1998], Frances DeValliers, owner of our French bistro Lavandou on Connecticut Avenue hosted a complimentary luncheon for long-time patrons of retiring barber Frank Tropea of Tropea Custom Barber Shop. Frank's father opened the barber shop in 1928, and it remained a barber shop (complete with red, white, and blue barber pole) not a "men's hair salon" until it closed on December 24th. Fifteen guests (including a judge and his son and the wife of a patron who journeyed from her downtown job to represent her out-of-town husband) joined Frank and his wife. Times change, but good neighbors will be always be around."