Thursday, November 12, 2009

U.S. Capitol Police -- Letter No. 13

November 21, 1998
3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW #136
Washington, DC 20008-4530

Stephan J. Horan, S.A.
United States Capitol Police
Threat Assessment Section
Room 605
119 D Street, NE
Washington, DC 20510-7218

Dear Mr. Horan:

I submit a copy of a letter dated August 27, 1994 that I sent to Thomas S. Foley, who, at that time was Speaker of the House of Representatives and represented the congressional district that included Spokane, Washington, where I resided from 1979-1980. I sent a copy of the letter to the FBI.

No law enforcement agents contacted me about the letter, despite the fact that the letter contains several disturbing references and was the second such letter that I sent to Foley. Foley's office did not respond to my letters.

This will advise you of several biographical facts about Foley.

He is a close friend of Akin Gump management partner Robert S. Strauss, Esq., and joined the firm as partner in 1995, following his election loss in November 1994;

His wife Heather Foley served as the chief of staff of his congressional office; Heather Foley also serves as a member of the Board of Trustees of the George Washington University;

Foley is currently U.S. Ambassador to Japan.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

No comments: