Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Referral From Dr. Rothenberg

In 1989, I read about Dr. Albert Rothenberg, an expert in the creative process. I sent him a copy of my autobiography: "The Caliban Complex: An Attempt at Self-Analysis." Dr. Rothenberg replied in the following letter in which he provided two referrals near my home.

In January 1990 I entered psychotherapy with Stanley R. Palombo, MD. He was an outstanding therapist, but I suffer from a very rare psychiatric disorder, asymptomatic paranoid schizophrenia. Dr. Palombo apparently had little or no experience treating asymptomatic paranoid schizophrenia. But then, who does?

I wonder what's happened to Dr. Rothenberg?
_______________________

Studies in the Creative Process
Albert Rothenberg, M.D., Principal Investigator
Director of Research, Austen Riggs Center
Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard University

November 28, 1989

Gary Freedman
3801 Conecticut Avenue, N.W.
Apartment 136
Washington, DC 20008

Dear Mr. Freedman:

I am sorry to have taken so long to answer your letter of October twenty-third.

Therapists in the Washington area who have an interest in creativity, and whom I can recommend for you are:

Bruce H. Sklarew, M.D.
5480 Wisconsin Avenue #211
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Telephone: (301) 652-0889

Stanley R. Palumbo [sic]
5225 Connecticut Avenue, N.W. #208
Washington, DC 20015
Telephone: (301) 662-6004

Good luck to you.

Sincerely,

Albert Rothenberg, M.D.

AR:wm

No comments: