Friday, February 25, 2011

Akin Gump: Referral to Stanley R. Palombo, MD

The following are pages 499-500 in the record on appeal in Freedman v. D.C. Department of Human Rights, D.C.C.A. no. 96-CV-961 (Sept. 1, 1998).  The D.C. Department of Human Rights had evidence that I was recommended to Dr. Stanley R. Palombo because I appeared to be experiencing a creative crisis.

stamped "JAN 19 REC'D"

January 15, 1993
3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Apartment 136
Washington, DC  20008

Donald M. Stocks
Case Investigations
Government of the District of Columbia
Department of Human Rights and
     Minority Business Development
2000 14th Street, NW
Washington, DC  20009

            RE: Docket No.: 92-087-P(N)
                  Gary Freedman v. Akin, Gump, Hauer & Feld

Dear Mr. Stocks:

For the sake of completeness of the Complaint file in the above-referenced matter I am enclosing a letter dated November 28, 1989 from Albert Rothenberg, M.D.

It was Dr. Rothenberg who referred me to Dr. Stanley R. Palombo, the psychiatrist whom I consulted during my employment with Respondent.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

http://dailstrug.blogspot.com/2009/11/referral-from-dr-rothenberg.html 

[The D.C. Government advised the D.C. Superior Court (1996) and the D.C. Court of Appeals (1997) that I formed a good-faith belief that Dr. Palombo routinely transmitted in 1990 confidential mental health information about me derived from my psychotherapeutic sessions to managers at the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, in violation of the D.C. Mental Health Information Act of 1978.   District of Columbia Reply Brief, Freedman v. D.C. Department of Human Rights, no. 96-CV-961 (Sept. 1, 1998).  Dr. Palombo was a clinical professor of psychiatry, The George Washington University Medical Center Department of Psychiatry.]

1 comment:

My Daily Struggles said...

I was treated weekly by Dr. Palombo throughout the year 1990, from January to December.