Friday, February 04, 2011

Akin Gump: Concern About Embarrassment and Bloggers Who Write Embarrassing Things

My employment as a paralegal was terminated by the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld on October 29, 1991.  The following day I spoke by telephone to the lawyer who fired me, Dennis M. Race, Esq.  Mr. Race cautioned me not to write anything embarrassing about the firm.

On January 15, 2010 the U.S. Marshals Service undertook what I interpreted as a sham threat investigation of me.  In the fall of 2009 I began blogging on My Daily Struggles about my employment problems at Akin Gump.  Coincidentally, a senior Akin Gump attorney, Vernon E. Jordan, Jr., is a friend of U.S. Attorney General Eric H. Holder, Jr.  The head of DOJ's criminal division is Lanny Breuer, one of Eric Holder's former law partners at the firm of Covington & Burling.  Back in the late 1990s, Vernon Jordan reportedly tried to buy the silence of a White House intern: an individual who had incriminating evidence concerning President Clinton, a friend of Vernon Jordan's.  I suspect that the U.S. Marshals Service threat investigation of me in January 2010 was an act of intimidation calculated to stop or curtail my blogging about Akin Gump.

A recent news item (January 31, 2011) reports Akin Gump's concerns about bloggers who write things embarrassing to the firm.

http://theothermccain.com/2011/01/31/power-line-gets-scalped-did-indian-tribe-money-influence-akin-gump-decision/

No comments: