Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Sheryl Ferguson Connection

During the period mid-September 1985 to late February 1988 I worked as an agency-supplied temporary at the law firm of Hogan & Hartson. My supervisor at Hogan was an individual named Sheryl Ferguson.

Ferguson left Hogan in the spring of 1987.

In March 1988 I started a temporary assignment at the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld. I supplied the name and contact information of Sheryl Ferguson to Margarita Babb at Akin Gump in the spring of 1988 as a job reference in connection with Akin Gump's consideration of direct employment with the firm.

In 1988 Akin Gump hired Sheryl Ferguson, who by that time worked at ATLIS, a litigation support company, to perform, as a consultant, a study of Akin Gump's litigation support operation. Ferguson completed the consulting task in early 1989, and submitted a lengthy written report in February 1989. The report acknowledged the cooperation of Christine Robertson, Akin Gump's litigation support administrator, as well as several Akin Gump attorneys including John ("Jack") Gallagher and David Callet, senior partners who represented Eastern Airlines (the major client to which I was assigned), as well as an associate named David C. Tobin, who subsequently left the firm.

Sheryl Ferguson was a highly-intelligent individual with a bachelor's degree in psychology from Cornell University. What does Sheryl Ferguson know and when did she know it?

2 comments:

My Daily Struggles said...

In 1989 Sheryl Ferguson (who had been my direct supervisor at Hogan & Hartson from 1985 to 1987) interviewed David Callet in connection with an assessment she was fired to perform as a consultant for ATLIS of Akin Gump's litigation support department.

My Daily Struggles said...

David Callet practiced in Akin Gump's litigation practice group during my tenure at Akin Gump. He was senior counsel for the client Eastern Airlines, and billing partner for the client Hoechst Celanese--on which project I was working when I was terminated in October 1991.

Callet and I are graduates of the Pennsylvania State University.





http://dailstrug.blogspot.com/2011/02/david-p-callet-esq-and-akin-gumps.html