Thursday, November 12, 2009

U.S. Capitol Police -- Letter No. 10A

August 29, 1998
3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20008-4530

Stephan J. Horan, S.A.
United States Capitol Police
Threat Assessment Section
Room 605
119 D Street, NE

Washington, DC 20510-7218

Dear Mr. Horan:

I submit the names of a few additional persons who may be of marginal interest to federal law enforcement. The following are the names of some professional people whose office is located in my apartment building, as well as the names of a few people who work or live in my neighborhood. These persons may be able to provide you with rumor or reputation evidence about me.

SELECTED PROFESSIONAL PERSONS AT 3801 CONNECTICUT AVENUE:

Lawrence C. Sack, M.D. (telephone: 363-6962) (Suite 228)

Psychiatrist/psychoanalyst who I saw for three consultations in May 1991. Dr. Sack is past president of the Washington Psychiatric Society. I believe he has been a member of the D.C. Mental Health Commission (St. Elizabeths Hospital). Dr. Sack has testified at Congressional hearings on mental health issues. [Dr. Sack died August 5, 2003]


Martin Ceaser, M.D. (telephone: 362-6697) (2nd Floor)

Psychiatrist/psychoanalyst. I have never met him, but I see him occasionally in the building. Coincidentally, he is a graduate of the Case Western Reserve University Medical School in Ohio; Dennis M. Race, Esq., the attorney who terminated my employment at Akin Gump is a graduate of Case Western Law School and is about the same age as Dr. Ceaser.

Barbara Gina Garrett, M.A. (telephone: 363-8174) (2nd Floor)

Psychotherapist. I have never met her, but I see her occasionally in the building.

Bert Weiner and Elaine Weiner (no telephone number in directory) (Suite 100D)
They are a married couple that do marital counseling. He has a law degree and she has a background in psychology. [The Wieners have moved out of 3801 Connecticut]

Judith Ryan, Ph.D. (no telephone number in directory) (Suite 100D)

Psychologist. I have never met her, but I see her occasionally in the building.
_____________________________________________________________________________

BROOKVILLE SUPERMARKET, 3427 Connecticut Avenue, NW, telephone: 244-9114

Mike Shirazzi and Yassir ("Yosh") Shirazzi. They are brothers who own the store; they are originally from Iran. Mike Shirazzi has a degree in Communications awarded by The George Washington University. The store manager is Jim Shipman; Shipman is a gossip monger and knows a lot of people in the neighborhood. Shipman arranges deliveries to customers in the neighborhood, and sometimes personally makes deliveries to 3801 Connecticut Avenue. During the summer of 1992 I faxed a number of documents to my sister from this location.

TROPEA BARBERSHOP

Frank Tropea and his associate Dino [last name unknown] retired in December 1997. I believe that Frank Tropea resides in Silver Spring, MD. The shop was located along the strip of stores at the 3400 block of Connecticut Avenue; the property was purchased by an adjoining restaurant, which is enlarging its site. Frank Tropea's mother Josephine died about a year-and-a-half ago.

[Mail Service] 3500 block of Connecticut Avenue

Herb Chapnick and Betty Chapnick owned and operated a mail service store at the 3500 block of Connecticut Avenue (Jamal Park & Shop). They recently sold the store, which is now run by an individual whose name I think is Mike Findley; Findley used to work for the Chapnick's. On a few occasions I saw Jim Shipman (Brookville Supermarket) talking to the Chapnick's at the store. Betty Chapnick used to work as a legal secretary. I frequently buy envelopes and make Xerox copies at
this location.

GIANT FOOD -- 4303 Connecticut Avenue (telephone: 364-8250)

As far back as 1991 I formed the impression that a check-out clerk at the store named Adam Skillings recognizes me, although I have no objective reason to believe he knows who I am. He is still employed at the store. I believe that Skillings used to reside in the neighborhood, on Tilden Street. I once saw him drop off books at the Cleveland Park Branch of the D.C. Library System (Connecticut Avenue & Macomb).

An individual named Dino [last name unknown] used to be employed at the store [Giant Food] in the capacity of Fruit & Produce Manager. He left about two years ago. I formed the paranoid impression that he recognized me. His last name appeared to be of Greek derivation, but I no longer recall what it.

CLEVELAND PARK BRANCH OF THE D.C. LIBRARY (Connecticut Avenue & Macomb)
(telephone: 727-1345)

I assume that you have already talked to the current employees at the library. I can give you the names of three people who used to work at that branch who you would not have seen.

Debra [last name unknown]. Supervisor of the people who shelve and check out patrons' books. Attended University of the District of Columbia. I used to hear her on occasion talk about playing the numbers, but I don't know if she only talked about numbers or actually trafficked in numbers, an activity that I assume is illegal for a District employee to engage in during working hours on District property. Possible interrogation tool. PLEASE KEEP THE SOURCE OF THIS
INFORMATION CONFIDENTIAL. [Could also have been talking about the DC Lottery.]

Terri [last name unknown]. Used to work at the front desk and also shelved books.

Cindy [last name unknown]. Children's librarian.

Bruce Snyder -- Librarian -- apparently got transferred to another branch.

I also would like to take this opportunity to alert you to a few facts about an individual named STEPHEN H. HESS, who resides at 3705 Porter Street, NW (home telephone: 966-3430). In about 1991 I began to see Hess in the morning at the Cleveland Park Metro Station; this was while I was still employed at Akin Gump. I had the peculiar sensation that he recognized me, but I had no
objective reason to believe that he knew who I was. Also, I had absolutely no idea who he was at the time. Then, at a later time, I saw him interviewed on television. I learned that he works for the Brookings Institution at 1775 Massachusetts Avenue, NW (telephone: 797-6000). I also learned that Hess co-authored a book about former President Richard M. Nixon. Then, even later--and I
found this uncanny--during the Senate Judiciary Committee hearings relating to the confirmation of then Circuit Judge Ruth Bader Ginsburg to the U.S. Supreme Court, Hess was introduced as a member of Ginsburg's family. But again--and this I find significant--at the time I initially formed the impression that Hess recognized me, in about 1991, I had no idea who Hess was; he was simply an anonymous face.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

2 comments:

My Daily Struggles said...

President Nixon: "Tell 'em you can't remember. Tell 'em you don't recall."

My Daily Struggles said...

The USMS would have read this when they were checking out my blog beginning in November 2009. What on earth did they make of this? They didn't find this very curious? The USMS interviewed me on January 15, 2010 at my residence.