Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Did Brian Bolter Make Any Calls?

Brian Bolter is an award winning anchor/reporter. He joined Washington, D.C.'s WTTG FOX 5 in November of 1999. Two and a half years later he was named co-anchor of the stations flagship newscast FOX 5 News at Ten and the newly launched FOX 5 News at Five. Brian is now the anchor of The Edge at 11pm. I sent him some letters back in 2005. I wonder if he ever made any calls about me. Mr. Bolter never responded to any of my letters.

May 11, 2005
3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Apartment 136
Washington, DC 20008
Telephone: (202) 362 7064

Brian Bolter
WTTG Fox Network Channel 5
News Department
5151 Wisconsin Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20016

Dear Mr. Bolter:

Enclosed for your information are two computer discs that contain a copy of a manuscript I have written, my autobiography -- the story of my life. The document is about 300 pages long. The manuscript is unusual in structure, and is written entirely in the form of quotations from published material. I spent about ten years writing the document, from the spring of 1993 to about the year 2004.

From 1992 to 1996 I was an outpatient at the Department of Psychiatry of the George Washington University Medical Center Department of Psychiatry, which at that time was chaired by Jerry M. Wiener, M.D. (now deceased). Dr. Wiener served in 1994-1995 as President of the American Psychiatric Association. He had earlier served as President of the American Psychoanalytic Association. Coincidentally, Dr. Wiener was Jewish and a native of Texas, like Bob Strauss (who serves as a trustee of GW's Ronald Reagan Institute of Emergency Medicine). Bob Strauss has an interest in biomedical issues and endowed a chair in neurology at the University of Texas Medical School. Both Bob Strauss and Dr. Wiener were graduates of the University of Texas.

I believe (without proof) that senior Akin Gump managers surreptitiously (and unlawfully) obtained draft versions of my autobiography which I submitted to my psychiatrists at GW. I further believe that Vernon E. Jordan, Jr., Esq. (a senior management partner at Akin Gump) transmitted the draft versions to his close friend and confidant, President Clinton or Hillary Rodham Clinton. If you recall, in the mid-1990s, Mrs. Clinton chaired an ill-fated national health care reform initiative that considered benefits for mental health. I hope you can get a chance to at least peruse the manuscript. It's a good read.

Incidentally, I caught your coverage of the Washington Nationals home opener in mid-April. You did a fantastic job. Your commentary was lively and entertaining throughout. I watched the whole thing, and, as you know, I'm not a sports fan (or a fan of sportscasters).Best of luck in your career endeavors, Brian.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

P.S. Please send my regards to Dave Feldman. I can't get that guy out of my mind!

No comments: