Thursday, November 12, 2009

U.S. Capitol Police -- Letter No. 1

TO: Stephan J. Horan
FROM: Gary Freedman
DATE: August 7, 1998
RE: Security Threat Investigation
_________________________________________

Enclosed are three computer disks that contain all of my personal computer files dating back to November 1996, when I purchased my current word processor. The discs are IBM compatible; they are not Apple discs as stated on the disc.

I have additional word-processor discs that pre-date November 1996, but the disks are not compatible with any computers that I know of. I can provide copies of the discs, but, as far as I know, you will have to access the files by printing out the files. I have previously forwarded most of those discs to Phillip C. Leadroot, S.A. at the U.S. Secret Service.

I want to correct a misstatement that I made out our meeting at my apartment on the evening of Thursday, August 6, 1998. I failed to mention that I have had written communications with my representative in Congress, Eleanor Holmes Norton; letters that I forwarded to her in 1997 are contained on the IBM discs, which you can access. On two separate occasions I visited her Northwest Constituent office (in 1993 and later in 1997) in connection with my U.S. Social Security disability claim (xxx xx xxxx).

I did not meet with Representative Norton on either occasion, nor did I attempt to; I stopped by the office to drop off letters concerning the disability claim.

I respect the need of the U.S. Capitol police to investigate concerns about my potential for armed violence and homicide that have been placed in controversy by my former employer, the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, and the Government of the District of Columbia Office of Corporation Counsel.

This will advise in advance that I will be forwarding a copy of this communication (plus attachments) to the Office of U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia.

Also, I have a right to visit the Capitol Hill area, including the Capitol Building or other office buildings, for any lawful reason.

[Delivered in person.]

No comments: