Thursday, November 12, 2009

U.S. Capitol Police -- Letter No. 23

May 24, 1999
3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20008-4530

Stephan J. Horan, S.A.
United States Capitol Police
Threat Assessment Section
Room 605
119 D Street, NE
Washington, DC 20510-7218

Dear Mr. Horan:

Enclosed are several documents relating to a complaint I had filed with the D.C. Board of Medicine against Albert H. Taub, M.D., my current treating psychiatrist at the P Street Clinic.

1. Letter issued by the Medical Board dated May 1, 1999 that advises of the action of the Board in dismissing my complaint.

2. Letter dated February 22, 1999 signed by Dr. Taub, which constitutes his formal response to my complaint. Dr. Taub affirms that I suffer from paranoid schizophrenia.

3. Letter dated May 12, 1999 that I forwarded to The Washington Times that details peculiarities in Dr. Taub's response.

4. Letters that I forwarded to the Psychiatric Institute of Washington (PIW) in July 1998, one month prior to Dr. Taub's action in recommending anti-psychotic medication (Zyprexa) for the illness paranoid schizophrenia. The communications state my interest in participating in ongoing trials of investigational medications for the treatment of paranoid schizophrenia, as advertised in The Washington City Paper.

PIW did not respond to my written inquiries, despite a letter I had submitted to PIW that was prepared in February 1996 by a former treating psychiatrist (Dimitrios Georgopoulos, M.D.) that affirmed that I suffered from paranoid schizophrenia. Keep in mind that PIW, like any facility that does drug testing, has extensive experience in diagnosing paranoid schizophrenia and has an interest in rounding up as many "guinea pigs" as possible. The U.S. Capitol Police may want to inquire into why the Psychiatric Institute of Washington did not consider me a suitable candidate for its drug testing.

I continue to believe that Dr. Taub's diagnostic and clinical assessments are self-serving and disingenuous; that Dr. Taub's actions constitute a fraud on the Social Security Administration; and, most significant and troubling to the U.S. Capitol Police, do not provide information upon which federal law enforcement can rely in making a risk assessment.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

No comments: