Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Doctor in the House

There's a psychiatrist, Kenneth R. Smothers, M.D. who has an office in my apartment building, 3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW. He's had an office in the building for years. I can't remember a time when he didn't have an office in the building.

Coincidentally, Dr. Smothers also works for the D.C. Department of Mental Health. I used to see him at the Spring Road Clinic. I now see him at the K Street Clinic, where I consult my psychotherapist, Abbas Jama, M.D.

On the evening of March 16, 2004, after my blow-up in group therapy with Nicole Rafanello and Debra Kosch I left a telephone message for Dr. Smothers, explaining the problems I had earlier in the day. Any way, in case people were wondering, that's how I blow off steam. I "don't buy a gun and shoot people." I generally write letters. Sometimes I leave a telephone message.

2 comments:

My Daily Struggles said...

Dr. Smothers never called me back. I have no evidence he knows who I am.

My Daily Struggles said...

About my problems on March 16, 2004, see "The Art of the Flim Flam."

http://garfreed.blogspot.com/2005/08/art-of-flim-flam_112430023395212727.html