Thursday, November 12, 2009

U.S. Capitol Police -- Letter No. 16

December 22, 1998
3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW
#136
Washington, DC 20008-4530

Stephan J. Horan, S.A.
United States Capitol Police
Threat Assessment Section
Room 605
119 D Street, NE
Washington, DC 20510-7218

Dear Mr. Horan:

I am sending along a copy of a letter that I received from the Justice Department that is dated May 20, 1998 whereby DOJ advises that it does not have jurisdiction to investigate my job termination.

I believe the letter provides a plausible explanation for my letter writing last summer that brought me to the attention of the U.S. Capitol Police.

I suspect that the letter dated April 1, 1998 from the White House (copy attached) raised my hopes that the Justice Department would investigate my job termination. The subsequent letter from DOJ dated May 20, 1998 dashed my hopes. It may be that I was profoundly disappointed by rejection by DOJ.

You will observe that there was a sharp spike in my letter writing to the U.S. Secret Service (Phillip C. Leadroot, S.A.) in the period immediately following May 20, 1998: letters that were calculated to spark a criminal or civil rights investigation of Akin Gump.

This theory is just as plausible--or even more plausible--than the theory offered by Albert H. Taub, M.D., at the P Street Clinic, that my letter writing was prompted by distress about Dr. Singh terminating his psychotherapy with me ("abandoning me") on June 18, 1998. Dr. Taub's interpretation probably says more about him than it does about me.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

1 comment:

My Daily Struggles said...

One America in the 21st Century
The President's Initiative on Race

The New Executive Office Building
Washington, DC 20503
202/395-1010

April 1, 1998

Mr. Gary Freedman
3801 Connecticut Ave., NW, #136
Washington, DC 20008-4530

Dear Mr. Freedman:

This letter is in response to your June 39, 1997 letter to Governor Thomas H. Kean,concerning you pending litigation. Governor Kean has asked that we respond to directly to you [sic].

Thank you for taking the time to send us information concerning your experiences with Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld. We understand that this subject is extremely important to you and we appreciate your willingness to bring this mater to our attention. We apologize for the delay in our response.

Please understand that since the President's Initiative on Race is a on-year initiative created to promote dialogue on race reconciliation issues we have no jurisdiction to address the concerns outlined in your material. While we appreciate the information, the Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice is the proper recipient of your letter and we have forwarded it accordingly.

If you would like further information on the President's Initiative on Race, please refer to our Web page. Our Internet Worldwide Web address is www.whitehouse.gov. The Web page will be updated throughout our year long effort. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write and share this information with us.

Sincerely,

Randy D. Ayers
Executive Officer