Thursday, November 05, 2009

Me and O.J.

My former employer talked to a psychiatrist about me in late October 1991. The psychiatrist told my employer that I suffered from a psychiatric "disorder" and that I was potentially violent. I later sued my employer.

Mind you the DC Court of Appeals never determined that I, in fact, suffered from a psychiatric disorder. No, all the Court did was to determine that a psychiatrist told my employer that I suffered from a psychiatric disorder. Ha! Big difference to lawyers, perhaps, but there is no practical difference in the real world.

What happened to me reminds me of the O.J. Simpson case. The California Superior Court never determined that O.J. murdered his wife, Nicole. No, all the California Superior Court determined was that O.J.'s wrongful acts brought about his wife's death.

I am sure that Nicole Brown Simpson's family was relieved. "You know, all along we thought O.J. murdered Nicole. Wow, were we wrong! No, all O.J. did was bring about Nicole's death by his wrongful acts. Man, were we relieved to find that out. We're not people to hold a grudge."

No comments: