Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Psychosis By Estoppel: What a Brilliant Legal Concept!

December 6, 1997
3801 Connecticut Ave., NW #136
Washington, DC 20008-4530

Larry G. Massanari
Regional Commissioner
Office of Disability & Intl. Operations
Social Security Administration
Baltimore, MD 21241-0001

RE: Social Security Disability Claim no. xxx xx xxxx

Dear Mr. Massanari:

This letter is forwarded further to my previous letter to your office dated July 28, 1997, in reference to the above disability claim.

To review my previous communication: I am currently appealing--in the D.C. Court of Appeals--an order issued June 10, 1996 by the D.C. Superior Court that upheld a prior determination issued by the D.C. Department of Human Rights that my former employer's decision to terminate my employment, effective October 29, 1991 (the date my disability began), was based on the employer's genuine concerns about my mental health and stability. See Freedman v. D.C. Dept. of Human Rights, D.C. Court of Appeals no. 96-CV-961.

This will advise the SSA that oral argument in the above appeal is scheduled for Tuesday December 16, 1997. The District of Columbia will be arguing that my former employer, the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, had valid business reasons to terminate my employment effective October 29, 1991 (the date my disability began), based on the employer's concerns about my mental health and stability (including the potential for violence); and that documentary evidence (attached) that I submitted to the D.C. Dept. of Human Rights does not invalidate the employer's stated reason for the termination, namely, that the termination decision was based on the employer's consultations with two mental health professionals. The D.C. Dept. of Human Rights speculates that the documents I submitted may be inauthentic (presumably, forged or fabricated).

The enclosed documentation is submitted for the information of the U.S. Social Security Administration.

1. Letter dated November 2, 1996 addressed to Stephen D. Quint, M.D. I draw your specific attention to paragraph 4: "Severability of Mental Health Issues and Legal Issues."

2. Letter dated July 3, 1993 that purports to have been prepared by Gertrude R. Ticho, M.D.  [Gertrude R. Ticho, MD therein expressly denies having communicated with Dennis M. Race, Esq.]

3. Letter dated July 14, 1993 that purports to have been prepared by Suzanne Reynolds (Sheppard Pratt).  [Sheppard Pratt states that it has no record of any communication with either Malcolm Lassman, Esq. or Dennis M. Race, Esq.]

4. Calendar Notice (dated 10/30/97) issued by D.C. Court of Appeals re: no. 96-CV-961.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

cc: The Honorable Eleanor Holmes Norton

No comments: