Wednesday, April 14, 2010

HHS -- Job Inquiry Follow-up -- Always the Diligent Lawyer!

December 17, 1997
3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW #136
Washington, DC 20008-4530

Harriet Raab, Esq.
General Counsel
Dept. of Health & Human Services
Room 713-F
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20221

RE: Employment Opportunities - Office of General Counsel

Dear General Counsel Raab:

Further to my employment inquiry to the Department of Health & Human Services dated August 22, 1997, I forward a letter dated December 16, 1997 that I wrote and sent to Deputy D.C. Corporation Counsel Charles L. Reischel, Esq.

The content of the letter addressed to Mr. Reischel will serve to discharge my duty of care to HHS, in the event of my future employment with HHS, arising out of concerns relating to my mental health and stability (including the risk of violence): concerns placed at issue by the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, my former employer, and affirmed as genuine and nonpretextual by the District of Columbia Office of Corporation Counsel, a state agency.

The referenced case (Freedman v. D.C. Dept. Human Rights, no. 96-CV-961) was argued before associate judges Terry, Reid, and King of the D.C. Court of Appeals on December 16, 1997.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

2 comments:

My Daily Struggles said...

Coincidentally, December 16, 1997 was Beethoven's birthday. I think the D.C. Court of Appeals was celebrating that event -- by being deaf to reason!

My Daily Struggles said...

Mind you, I'm not angry with the judges on the D.C. Court of Appeals. I hold no grudges. I am, at heart, a jester!