Saturday, April 24, 2010

Gotterdammerung: False Sworn Statement

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman!"




http://dailstrug.blogspot.com/2010/04/what-was-objectively-peculiar-about.html

Professor Stephen Greenblatt is quoted as saying, “My deep, ongoing interest is in the relation between literature and history, the process through which certain remarkable works of art are at once embedded in a highly specific life-world and seem to pull free of that life-world. I am constantly struck by the strangeness of reading works that seem addressed, personally and intimately, to me, and yet were written by people who crumbled to dust long ago."  

My own ongoing interest is in timeless human struggles transformed creatively in literature and their parallels in historical events occurring in wholly different cultures and epochs.

Rabbis have always been concerned with the relationship between Biblical tales and everyday human struggles that we all experience.

1 comment:

My Daily Struggles said...

A threefer!

Vernon Jordan is a Kennedy Center corporate fund board member. I saw Gotterdammerung on November 15, 2009 at the Kennedy Center;

Vernon Jordan is a close personal friend of former President Clinton, and was a major actor in the Monica Lewinsky matter;

Vernon Jordan is a friend of Eric Holder's, who heads up the Justice Department.

I just can't escape Vernon Jordan!