Monday, April 19, 2010

U.S. Secret Service -- Letter 6/24/98

June 24, 1998
3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW
#136
Washington, DC 20008-4530

Phillip C. Leadroot, S.A.
U.S. Secret Service
Washington, DC 20036

Dear Mr. Leadroot:

This letter will alert the U.S. Secret Service to facts concerning an additional person who, I believe, may be of potential interest to federal law enforcement.

DESIMONT ALSTON

Alston was a student at my high school, Central High School, in Philadelphia. He was older than me, and would have graduated in about 1969 (228th class) or 1970 (229th class).

He played violin in the high school orchestra under Sidney Rothstein, the school's instrumental teacher. See Letter to U.S. Secret Service, dated June 23, 1998. I was not acquainted with Alston.

Upon moving to Washington in 1983, I learned that Alston had become a professional musician and played violin with the National Symphony Orchestra. His name was printed on orchestra programs that listed all the orchestra's musicians. Also, a few years ago there was an article about him in The Washington Post--he was one of the few African-American musicians in the orchestra.

I do not know if Alston is still associated with the National Symphony; I have not attended an orchestra concert in a number of years (not since my psychotic breakdown).

I have never mentioned Alston to anyone, and have not formed any opinion as to whether any Akin Gump attorneys have had any communications with him about me or any topics.

I know that Vernon E. Jordan, Jr., an Akin Gump partner, is active in the arts community in Washington, and may have shown some curiosity about Alston, specifically in regard to Alston's personal, academic, and professional background.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

No comments: