Monday, April 19, 2010

U.S. Secret Service -- Letter 6/27/98

June 27, 1998
3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW
#136
Washington, DC 20008-4530

Phillip C. Leadroot, S.A.
U.S. Secret Service
Washington, DC 20036

Dear Mr. Leadroot:

My current treating psychiatrist at the P Street Clinic (D.C. Mental Health Services Administration), Dr. Singh, has advised me that he will be completing his residency effective June 30, 1998.

Dr. Singh has advised me that the clinic will arrange to have me assigned to someone else at the clinic. You may review any concerns regarding my psychiatric treatment with attending physician Stephen D. Quint, M.D.

I am submitting an updated version of my autobiography, which contains newly-added quotations from a recently published book about former President Richard M. Nixon.

Incidentally, I read in Time Magazine a few years ago that during the summer of 1993 or 1994, one of your former protectees, former Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev, visited Bayreuth, Germany to attend the premiere of a new production of Wagner's opera Tristan und Isolde. I always wondered what he thought of that, and whether he got to meet Wagner's grandson, Wolfgang Wagner, who runs the opera festival. I think Wolfgang Wagner (who lives in Bayreuth, Germany) speaks fluent English; his mother, Winifred Williams Wagner, was British.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

No comments: