Monday, April 19, 2010

U.S. Secret Service -- Letter 11/19/97

November 19, 1997
3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW
#136
Washington, DC 20008-4530

Philip C. Leadroot, S.A.
U.S. Secret Service
Washington, DC 20036

Dear Mr. Leadroot:

I want to provide the Secret Service some additional information about me that may prove useful to a security risk assessment.

At the time of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy in November 1963 I was a student in Mr. Joseph Pass's 5th grade class at the William Rowan Elementary School, a public school located at 19th & Haines Streets in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. 1/

I recall that I had a friend in the class named Lee Fiuman (the name is pronounced "Fewman"--but I'm not sure of the correct spelling); I recall that I once went to a birthday party at Lee Fiuman's house. I do not know the present whereabouts of Mr. Fiuman.

Lee Fiuman may be able to provide information about my contemporaneous reaction to the assassination of President Kennedy, information that may prove useful to the Secret Service.

I last saw Mr. Fiuman in May 1970, when I was age 16, at Cheltenham High School, located in Cheltanham, Pennsylvania, just outside Philadelphia. We were both taking the SATs. He came up to me and introduced himself; I was surprised that he recognized me since we had not seen each other since the end of 5th grade, in the spring of 1964, six years earlier, when I was ten years old.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

________________________________
1/ I have formed the paranoid belief that Akin Gump managers contacted another student in that class, Susan Marks, in the year 1990. I believe that Susan Marks graduated from the Philadelphia High School for Girls in the year 1970.

Mr. Fuiman is now a marine biologist with the University of Texas.

No comments: