Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Psychiatrist: Dr. Singh -- Clinical Notes 5/20/97

session 5/20/97

p: I received the letter. Is there some action I am supposed to take?

gf: i was thinking about your recommendation that i see you more often I belive it is defensive

p: how so

GF:You're transforming a content into a quantity. If psychoanalysis is the tratment of choice, then simply seeing you mor eoften with supportive psychotherapy will not help. Iy's like if I had an infection, telling me to take more aspirin wouldn;t solve the poblem . If I'm going to have supportive psychotherapy, I feel i'm just as good seeing you only once a month. I'm happy with this arangement.

p: then why are you here?

gf: I'm very isolated. I feel i would like to have someone I can count on talking to at last once a month. Then, if I were to have en emotional crisis, -- I haven;t had one of them in a long tkime--I fell its that I need to hve someone i cna count on who i an talk to in a crsis. If I didnt hacve you as a resource in a crisis, I would have no one.

p: It sounds as if you are saying your problem is that you are lonely.

tangential?

No comments: