Monday, April 12, 2010

Am I Not An Indirect Victim of a Crime?

District of Columbia Code Section 22-2405. False statements.

(a) A person commits the offense of making false statements if that person wilfully makes a false statement that is in fact material, in writing, directly or indirectly, to any instrumentality of the District of Columbia government, under circumstances in which the statement could reasonably be expected to be relied upon as true; provided, that the writing indicates that the making of a false statement is punishable by criminal penalties.

(b) Any person convicted of making false statements shall be fined not more than $1,000 or imprisoned for not more than 180 days, or both.

There is persuasive circumstantial evidence that several material statements made in an interrogatory response filed by Dennis M. Race, Esq. and Laurence J. Hoffman, both partners at the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, on May 22, 1992, with the D.C. Department of Human Rights and Minority Business Development, were false.  The interrogatory response was filed in reply to an unlawful termination complaint instituted by the Human Rights Department, styled Freedman v. Akin, Gump, Hauer & Feld.

I am Freedman.  I am the Freedman of Freedman v. Akin, Gump, Hauer & Feld.  Gary Freedman.  I was harmed by the above-referenced probable false statements of Dennis Race and Laurence Hoffman.  Not that I hold a grudge against Race and Hoffman.  Let me make that perfectly clear to the nice gentlemen at the Justice Department, who fear that I am an anger-prone individual who might become violent.  Just as a matter of principle, I think that Race and Hoffman probably violated the D.C. Code in wilfully filing a false statement with a D.C. agency.  In other words, I think Race and Hoffman committed a crime.  I suppose it's a msidemeanor.  But it's a crime nonetheless.  They are criminals.

Am I not therefore the victim of a crime, at least an indirect victim of a crime?  My question for the Justice Department is, since when is it a suspicious act for an individual to inform people in writing that he is a victim of a crime?  I don't get it.  Race and Hoffman concocted a story that I had been determined to be mentally ill and potentially violent; in so advising a D.C. agency of their "determination" they committed the crime of "false statements." 

About a decade ago, I wrote a number of letters to prospective employers and others advising that I had been a victim of the crime of false statements.  Beginning last fall, I started posting the text of those letters on my blog, My Daily Struggles.  The Justice Department, who had been reading my blog, had a conniption fit because I was telling the world that I had been the victim of a crime.  Instead of going after Race and Hoffman, the perpetrators of the crime -- a crime, by the way, that will ultimately cost the federal government about $250,000 in government benefits -- the Justice Department sent two law enforcement officers to investigate me, the victim! Am I angry about that?  No. Actually, I find it absurd and amusing.  Not to mention profitable!

Where am I?  Is this a dream?  What in God's name is going on here?

And, by the way, I am mentally ill, but not potentially violent.  Race and Hoffman were partly right but for the wrong reasons.

No comments: