Thursday, January 21, 2010

St. Elizabeths Strike Again!

My psychiatrist, Abbas Jama, M.D., called me last night to cancel my appointment scheduled for this afternoon, January 21, 2010. I won't see Dr. Jama again until next Thursday. I saw Dr. Jama last week. Before last week's consult, he had cancelled my previous three sessions. So in the last five weeks, I have seen my psychiatrist only once. That's not psychotherapy--that amounts to no more than occasional meetings with a psychiatry resident. Dr. Jama may be fulfilling his academic requirements, but my legitimate needs as a patient are not being met.

Did you ever stop to wonder? Perhaps, if I had a psychiatrist to talk to on a regular basis, I wouldn't invest so much psychic energy in my blog. My blog is a substitute for talking to a therapist.

Maybe federal law enforcement should talk to the administration of St. Elizabeths Hospital. In September I wrote to a federal judge about the incompetence of St. Elizabeths staff and administration. Yes, that institution has severe problems, as I see it.

No comments: