Monday, January 25, 2010

Letter to Reid Weingarten -- Steptoe & Johnson -- 1997

October 7, 1997
3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW
#136
Washington, DC 20008-4530

Reid H. Weingarten, Esq.
Steptoe & Johnson
Washington, DC 20036

RE: Steptoe & Johnson Employment Inquiry - Homicide/Violence Risk

Dear Mr. Weingarten:

I am writing to assure the law firm of Steptoe & Johnson that at the time of my employment inquiry in February 1985, to which Hiring Committee member Morgan D. Hodgson responded by letter dated March 4, 1985 (copy attached), I did not intentionally withhold any facts pertinent to my current mental illness: an apparently rare form of paranoid schizophrenia that causes me to become more intelligent even as the illness worsens in severity.

As a courtesy to Steptoe & Johnson I forward (on the enclosed computer disc) two pleadings that I filed in the D.C. Court of Appeals, in a currently pending appeal, that will satisfy any concerns you or your partners may have concerning the risk of violence (including homicide) to which I unintentionally subjected your firm. The disc also contains a document pertinent to a criminal investigation instituted by the Federal Protective Service (Jerry McGill, S.A.), ancillary to concerns, affirmed as genuine by the Government of the District of Columbia, relating to a reported risk of violence (including homicide) that I posed at the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, my former employer.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

No comments: