Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My 28-Year-Old Niece Does Not Think I'm an Angry Person

I have a 28-year-old niece. Her name is Suzanne Jacobson. She is extremely bright and talented. She works as a newspaper reporter in Arizona. A few months ago she won a statewide prize for her reporting.

I recently told Suzanne that my psychiatrist said I need to let go of my anger. My niece said she wasn't even aware that I was an angry person. If I am angry, it's Jewish anger. I write and make jokes; I'm the Jerry Seinfeld of angry people! Here is what she wrote:

Uncle Gary,

I didn't know you were angry. Is that why you can't move on? Your psychiatrist is right. You're not hurting the people you're mad at, you're just hurting yourself.

Are you the kind of person you want to be?

Suzanne

To: redacted@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: you never know
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 13:30:28 -0500
From: redacted@aim.com

Suzanne,

My psychiatrist says I need to let go of my anger. He said: "Your
anger is consuming you. You need to let go of it. You're only harming
yourself."

Uncle Gary

No comments: