Friday, January 15, 2010

Lucid Moments

A funny thing happened on October 12, 2004 when ten D.C. Police Officers and four FBI agents showed up at my doorstep because of concerns I aroused, based on a letter I had written, that I might be a homicidal maniac!

I could detect the Police thought I was deranged. It was clear they felt they couldn't rely on any factual assertions I made. One officer looked at my walk-in closet and saw the year's supply of oatmeal I had stocked up -- and he couldn't get over it! "Man, you really love oatmeal!" he said. The officer just couldn't get over the fact that I had stocked up a year's supply of oatmeal.

I attempted to clarify my mental state to the officers by showing them a copy of the Brief on Appeal I had written in Freedman v. D.C. Department of Human Rights. One of the officers, perhaps she was the Second District Supervisor, looked at the brief, read a few sentences, and said to me: "So you do have your lucid moments." Yes, she was convinced I was deranged.

The D.C. Police know I am crazy! They are truly my friends. Just keep sending those checks, boys. I love being psychotic, and I love getting free government money! The only folks I need to convince of my insanity now are the Park Police and the Canadian Mounties! I seem to have every other federal law enforcement agency convinced that I am a paranoid schizophrenic.

No comments: