Thursday, January 21, 2010

What's the Difference Between Me And The Salahis?

The 2009 White House gate crash incident was an event on November 24, 2009, in which a White House state dinner for Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was gatecrashed by Michaele and Tareq Salahi, a married couple from Virginia, and Carlos Allen, an entrepreneur from the District of Columbia. The Salahis and Mr. Allen arrived separately and do not appear to have colluded in their efforts. Although one reporter immediately recognized the Salahis and noticed their omission from the previously-printed list of guests, the Salahis and Mr. Allen freely attended and left the event without being directly challenged.

Don't you think the Salahis trespass was more egregious than my act of referring to a federal official in a complimentary manner on my blog, or republishing readily accessible facts about that official?

You know what I think? I think the only difference between me and the Salahis is that the trespassers didn't embarrass a powerful law firm with connections to the Administration.

God, that sounds so paranoid! But, the fact is, I never entered somebody's home uninvited as the Salahis did. Were the Salahis interviewed for an hour by federal law enforcement? I wonder.

And, by the way, I don't hold a grudge against law enforcement. Just so you know. I have actually enjoyed my interactions with law enforcement over the years. Seriously. Yes, I am that warped.

No comments: