Monday, January 04, 2010

Idea of Reference: 3801 Connecticut Avenue -- January 4, 2010

This morning, in my apartment building, located at 3801 Connecticut Avenue, in Washington, D.C., I experienced an idea of reference in the building's fitness room.

I use the fitness room every day and routinely use a particular elliptical machine.

This morning, someone had left three pages torn from a glossy magazine on the elliptical machine I routinely use.

The three pages were advertizements:

1. FREE -- The Fragrance Collection by Glade air freshener With purchase of one. The Fragrance Collection by Glade air freshener. Available at Target.

Last week I mentioned, in a telephone call to my sister, that a young man who uses the fitness room has terrible bad breath that funkifies the whole room. I also saw the word "Free" as a reference to the fact that I get "free" money from the Social Security Administration..

2. Volunteer.

It's an advertisement for Disney Parks. The page features the one word only. I interpreted this as a suggestion that I do volunteer work.

3. Luxurious, extravagant holiday fragrances sold exclusively . . .

Another page from the Glade advertizement.

My ideas of reference render me not suitable for employment. Freedman v. D.C. Dept. Human Rights, D.C.C.A. no. 96-CV-961 (Sept. 1, 1998) (an employer may terminate an employee who exhibits the disorder "ideas of reference").

Wow, I'm loving this. As long as I have associations to things in my environment, I'm entitled to free money!! God bless America. And God bless the D.C. Court of Appeals!

No comments: