Thursday, May 06, 2010

The Father of an "FBI Agent"

The following is a 1926 film of the violinist Efrem Zimablist, father of the actor Efrem Zimbalist, Jr., performing the second movement of Beethoven's Kreutzer Sonata.  I find the performance quite arresting.



Efrem Zimbalist, Jr. (born November 30, 1918) is an American actor known for his starring role in the television series The F.B.I.

Efrem Zimbalist Jr. was born in New York, New York, the son of famed violinist Efrem Zimbalist, Sr. (1890-1985) and operatic soprano Alma Gluck (née Reba Feinsohn; 1884-1938).

Unlike the actor Zimbalist, the son of a violinist, Bob Strauss used to be a real FBI agent whose father was an aspiring concert pianist.  I'm posting this only because I like the symmetry of ideas.  And I happen to like the Keutzer Sonata.

1 comment:

My Daily Struggles said...

So what we have here is a "paranoid schizophrenic" writing about an "FBI agent."

Nothing in my world is real. It's all fake, metaphor, and parable.