Saturday, May 15, 2010

Albert H. Taub, M.D. -- Letter 7/20/2000 -- Routine Corespondence

TO: Albert H. Taub, M.D.
FROM: Gary Freedman
DATE: July 20, 2000
RE: Prescription -- Lack of Insurance Coverage
________________________________________________________

I tried to have my local CVS pharmacy (3327 Connecticut Avenue, NW; telephone 966 7210; Medicaid No. xxxxxxx) fill the attached prescription for Serzone.

The pharmacist, upon entering my Medical Assistance (DC Medicaid) number on the computer, advised me that I am not covered "in that category."

When I asked her what category that was, she said: "I don't know. It just said you're not covered in 'that category.'"

The prescription was $85.00. I am returning the prescription, to be filled at Spring Road.

I currently have enough medication to last until August 5, 2000, at the 100 mg dose level.

No comments: