Saturday, May 15, 2010

Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives -- Newt Gingrich -- 1998

On the evening of August 6, 1998 the U.S. Capitol Police stormed into my apartment, accusing me that I had gotten into a violent argument with someone at my local mental health clinic earlier that day (the P Street Clinic), and that at the height of an enraged argument I had threatened to kill two federal law enforcement officers at point blank range, execution style. After sorting out the facts, the U.S. Capitol Police recognized that its action was based on erroneous or false information that had been provided to the USCP by a party whose identity was not disclosed to me.

August 13, 1998
3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW
#136
Washington, DC 20008-4530

Hon. Newt Gingrich
Speaker of the House of
Representatives
2428 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515-1006

Dear Mr. Speaker:

This will assure the Office of the Speaker that I am cooperating fully in an investigation currently being carried out by the U.S. Capitol Police.

I enclose several documents pertinent to the investigation.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

bcc: Stephan J. Horan, S.A.

No comments: