Thursday, May 13, 2010

First Amendment: The Right to Scream at a Federal Judge via The Media



On January 15, 2010 the U.S. Department of Justice sent two officers to interview me about a blog post on My Daily Struggles that quoted a federal official who had used the word "screaming."  I did not actually scream at a federal judge.  In fact, I was not the source of the word "screaming."  I simply quoted a federal official who had used the word "screaming."

It's my opinion that the Justice Department was simply trying to intimidate me.  Justice wanted me to stop blogging about my former employer, the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, about whom (according to the Attorney General of the District of Columbia) I have formed a genuine, good-faith belief is a racketeering influenced organization.  See Brief of Appellee District of Columbia, Freedman v. D.C. Department of Human Rights, D.C.C.A. 96-CV-961 (Sept. 1, 1998).  Vernon E. Jordan, Jr., Esq., a senior management partner at Akin Gump, has close ties to the highest levels of the Justice Department.  Mr. Jordan reportedly tried to buy the silence of a White House intern in the 1990s: an individual who had incriminating evidence that could lead to the impeachment of the President of the United States.

2 comments:

My Daily Struggles said...

Judge Alex Kozinski (Chief Judge, 9th Circuit) was assigned an obscenity case in which Ira Isaacs is accused of distributing videos depicting bestiality and other images, similar to the 1973 Miller v. California case.

During the trial, on June 11, 2008, the Los Angeles Times reported that Kozinski had "maintained a publicly accessible Web site featuring sexually explicit photos and videos" at alex.kozinski.com. The Times reported that Kozinski's site included a photo of naked women on all fours painted to look like cows, a video of a half-dressed man cavorting with a sexually aroused farm animal, images of masturbation and public and contortionist sex, a slide show striptease featuring a transsexual, a series of photos of women's crotches as seen through snug fitting clothing or underwear, and content with themes of defecation and urination.

Kozinski agreed that some of the material was inappropriate, but defended other content as "funny."

My Daily Struggles said...

I wonder who's on the Board of Directors of "Vitamin P?"