Friday, May 14, 2010

U.S. Social Security Administration -- Letter 3/6/99

March 6, 1999
3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW
#136
Washington, DC 20008-4530

Larry G. Massanari
Regional Commissioner
Office of Disability & Intl. Operations
Social Security Administration
Baltimore, MD 21241-0001

RE: Social Security Disability Claim no. xxx xx xxxx

Dear Mr. Massanari:

This will advise the U.S. Social Security Administration that the District of Columbia Board of Medicine on January 6, 1999 issued a complaint against my current treating psychiatrist, Albert H. Taub, M.D. I submit several documents pertinent to the complaint. Dr. Taub advised me at our regularly scheduled consultation on March 4, 1999 that he has submitted a written response to the complaint. I have advised Maryland Medicare of the pendency of the complaint.

Enclosed is a copy of a letter dated September 25, 1998 from the FBI (Jerry O. Campane, S.A., Washington Field Office) advising that it is appropriate that I keep the Social Security Administration apprised of my concerns about my disability claim.

Also, at my consultation with Dr. Taub on March 4, 1999 I asked him if his medical license had ever been revoked or suspended in any jurisdiction. He refused to answer the question, despite my insistent request for a response. I believe this is a legitimate question for any patient to ask a physician, and I am concerned that he refused to answer.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

No comments: