Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Justice Department: A Sister Has A Right to Be Angry -- A Jew Has No Right To Be Angry

The following are several scenes from the CBS TV series, Big Brother 2, from the year 2001.  Monica Bailey, a black contestant, was allowed to become enraged.  CBS did not evict her from the game, apparently concluding that despite her angry outburst she did not pose a threat to other contestants.

Also, check out the argument between Hardy and Kent at the end of the second video.  Message for the Justice Department: anger, even vehement anger, does not translate into violence.  Why is it that CBS knows that simple, common sense fact but federal law enforcement doesn't?

On January 15, 2010 the U.S. Department of Justice determined that I am an angry person, and curtailed my liberties.  I am not permitted to attend my local synagogue, and am prohibited from visiting a federal building without prior consent.

How did the Justice Department determine that I'm a threat?

-- I don't eat out.

--I don't go to my local synagogue.

--I don't own a dog or a cat.

--I used the word screaming in a quote of a federal official who also used the word screaming in a fit of outrage

--I revised a wikipedia article

--I praised a federal official

--I'm not seeking a spiritual connection (I don't even know what a spiritual connection is!)

--I sent a Covington & Burling partner a copy of a book about opera

--I attended a Wagner opera in 2009

That's why I'm dangerous according to the Justice Department!  Well, as I like to say, whatever it takes to keep the checks flowing!




No comments: