Sunday, April 04, 2010

Ideas of Reference: Telephone Call With Sister April 1, 2010 -- Does Governor Thompson Have Ties to Two Different Racketeering Conspiracies?

Last night, April 1, 2010, my sister telephoned me.  It was just a friendly call.  It lasted about 20 minutes to a half hour.  During the conversation my sister used certain words and phrases that seemed to be related to some of my recent blog posts.  I know my sister does not read my blog, so I can't explain how my sister would be aware of the content of my blog, My Daily Struggles.

My sister made repeated references to "the late 90s," that is, the decade of the 1990s.  I took that as a reference to the following blog post:

http://dailstrug.blogspot.com/2010/04/telephone-harassment-or-my-paranoia.html

My sister was talking about a pet cat she used to have years ago named "Rose."  I took that as a reference to the following blog post.

http://dailstrug.blogspot.com/2010/04/telephone-harassment-or-my-paranoia.html

I mentioned that I had gained some weight.  My sister said that perhaps I used to be too thin, and said : "Didn't a doctor once tell you that you were too thin (or slim)?"  I never told my sister that a doctor told me I was too thin; my sister's comment was objectively peculiar.  I took my sister's statement as a reference to the following blog post:

http://dailstrug.blogspot.com/2010/03/attaching-negative-meaning-to-trivial.html

My sister talked about all the cats she's owned over the years: Fluffy, Rose and her current pet cat named Claudia.  I took that as a possible reference to a federal officer asking me if I owned a dog or a cat during his interview of me at my residence on January 15, 2010:

http://dailstrug.blogspot.com/2010/03/paranoid-connections-case-of-lanny.html

My sister talked about her neighbors, the Millers.  Coincidentally, Linda Schubert Miller was my 10th grade French teacher at the Central High School of Philadelphia during the school year 1968-1969.  A recent blog post about my life on Social Security disability features a photo that reads: "Miller High Life."

http://dailstrug.blogspot.com/2008/10/high-life.html

My sister mentioned that the Millers' house is on the market.  Referring to the possibility that the Millers will be moving, my sister made the odd comment: "We won't have the Millers to kick around anymore."  I inferred a symbolic reference to former President Richard Nixon, who famously said to the press after losing the California governor's race in 1962, "You won't have Dick Nixon to kick around anymore."  I further inferred an association to R. Stan Mortenson, Esq., President Nixon's personal attorney, to whom I directed a written inquiry, dated July 2, 1998.  R. Stan Mortenson, Esq. practices law at the Washington, D.C. firm of Miller, Cassidy, Larroca & Lewin.

http://dailstrug.blogspot.com/2009/12/what-does-president-nixons-lawyer-know.html

My sister very rarely mentions her neighbors, the Millers.  In recent blog posts I have referred to the cookbook author Joan Nathan who has a masters degree in French, and spent the last several years writing a book about French-Jewish cuisine.   See YouTube video at the following blog site:

http://dailstrug.blogspot.com/2010/03/i-wonder-if-rabbi-wohlberg-knows.html

I had sent Mrs. Miller a copy of my book Significant Moments some time ago.  I had also sent a copy of the book to Fredric L. Cohen, M.D. (Central High School, 1970), who was one of my classmates in Mrs. Miller's French class.  Dr. Cohen is an observant Jew (and a mohel, an individual who performs ritual circumcision).

http://dailstrug.blogspot.com/2010/03/i-wonder-if-rabbi-wohlberg-knows.html

My sister referred to the Millers vacationing in Costa Rica.  This could be a reference to South America.

http://dailstrug.blogspot.com/2010/03/getting-dumped-and-writing-book-about.html

My sister referred to Parkinson's disease, which might have been a reference to a letter I sent to former FBI General Counsel, Larry Parkinson.  But I don't place much credence in that interpretation:

http://dailstrug.blogspot.com/2009/12/job-application-to-fbi.html

When I told my sister that I was eating low-calorie yogurt, she said: "Doesn't that contain aspartame?"  I found that to be an odd reference.  I did some research on that and, lo and behold, I discovered a news report about the following racketeering lawsuit: "Racketeering charges have been filed against Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld, Monsanto, NutraSweet Co., the American Diabetes Association and Dr Robert Moser for distributing toxic aspartame, in a class action representing many plaintiffs, filed in the US District Court for the Northern District of California seeking $350 million in damages."  Former Wisconsin Governor and Bush Administration Health Secretary, Tommy Thompson, who practices law at Akin Gump, has direct ties to Monsanto. As Wisconsin governor he designated his state as a "biotech zone" for the use of Monsanto's bovine growth hormone even though dairy farmers in his state opposed the designation by a 9-1 ratio. Thompson reportedly received $50,000 from biotech companies during his election campaign.  Does Governor Thompson have ties to two groups of racketeers: Akin Gump and Monsanto?

Be that as it may.

My cognitive style, which relies on "ideas of reference," appears to be unchanged since October 29, 1991, the date my disability began: a disability that features "ideas of reference," which causes me to attach a negative meaning to trivial events.  See Freedman v. D.C. Dept. Human Rights, D.C.C.A. no. 96-CV-961 (Sept. 1, 1998).

2 comments:

My Daily Struggles said...

The D.C. Court of Appeals determined that an employer may lawfully deem an employee unfit for employment if the employer determines that an employee exhibits "ideas of reference," which the court expressly deemed to be a (psychiatric) "disorder."

My Daily Struggles said...

I still think the Court's decision is contrary to public policy, and that my blog My Daily Struggles is a valid expression of a matter of public importance under the First Amendment.