Tuesday, June 19, 2012

What Does It Take to Admit to a Felony?

Dear Gary Freedman:

This is in response to your email to the Criminal Division dated June 18, 2012.  We assure you that the Department of Justice takes allegations of criminal conduct very seriously.

You may wish to forward your complaint to the Social Security Administration’s Office of Inspector General (OIG), which is responsible for conducting investigations regarding the operations of the Social Security Administration.  In the event that the OIG finds evidence of any criminal wrongdoing, it will bring that information to the attention of an appropriate prosecuting office. Should you wish to contact that office you may write:

Social Security Fraud Hotline
PO Box 17785
Baltimore, MD 21235

If you believe this matter may constitute criminal activity, please contact the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the investigative arm of the Department of Justice. The FBI will determine whether a federal investigation may be warranted.  If appropriate, the FBI will refer the matter to a United States Attorney for a final determination regarding legal action.

Again, thank you for writing the Criminal Division. We hope that this
information is helpful.


Correspondence Management Staff
Office of Administration

[U.S. Department of Justice, Criminal Division]

No comments: