Friday, June 15, 2012

email Message re: Laurel Digweed

David Barmak, Esq. 
Mintz Levin 

Dear Mr. Barmak: 

There is circumstantial evidence that I am engaged in the commission of a felony against the government of the United States.  There is circumstantial evidence that I have used The George Washington University to help me defraud the government of the United States of hundreds of thousands of dollars in Social Security Disability benefits.  


I was employed as a paralegal at the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld from 1988 to 1991.  Mintz Levin's HR Coordinator Laurel Digweed was employed as Personnel Administrator at Akin Gump during my tenure.  Laurel Digweed's failure to advise me of my rights under Akin Gump's Long Term Disability Income Plan (Unum Life) shifted the burden of disability payments from the firm's insurer onto the U.S. Social Security Administration.   Laurel Digweed was one of the three decisionmakers in my job termination, effective October 29, 1991.  In an unlawful job termination complaint I lodged against Akin Gump (February 1992), Akin Gump filed apparently false sworn statements alleging that the firm had determined that I suffered from severe mental illness and that I was potentially violent.  I used these apparently false sworn statements to obtain U.S. Social Security Disability benefits.


There is circumstantial evidence that Laurel Digweed offered perjured deposition testimony in  McNeil v. Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld (1993), U.S. District Court no. 93-0477 (DC), an unlawful job termination lawsuit, in that she denied that she colluded in April 1992 with Christine Robertson in the discriminatory termination of Patricia McNeil, a black Akin Gump employee.  Akin Gump admitted that Ms. Digweed in fact cooperated with Christine Robertson in my job termination in October 1991.


I request that you counsel Laurel Digweed to disclose to the FBI Washington Field Office any information about Akin Gump's termination decision that may be pertinent to the concerns of federal law enforcement relating to my filing a fraudulent claim for U.S. Social Security disability benefits.


You may contact the Washington Field Office of the FBI at 202 278-2000.  


Gary Freedman
3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Apt. 136
Washington, DC  20008

No comments: