Thursday, July 15, 2010

My Daily Struggles Serves a Useful Social Purpose

The U.S. Justice Department questioned me on January 15, 2010 about why I write a blog.  My blog My Daily Struggles provides a useful social purpose.  The blog documents my daily struggles with mental illness and employment.


See also:

http://www.mentaldisorders101.com/topic_48081_1_gary-freedman

Enough said!

The DOJ wanted to know why I do not do volunteer work.  Isn't the act of blogging about a socially useful purpose a form of volunteer work?  Federal law enforcement needs to hire people with college degrees. People who know that 2 + 2 = 4.

3 comments:

My Daily Struggles said...

Since when is federal law enforcement the arbiter of published material regarding mental illness and the problems of disabled Americans?

Aren't those issues within the purview of the Department of Health and Human Services and the EEOC?

My Daily Struggles said...

Professor Tribe: You need to talk some sense into your colleagues at the Justice Department!

My Daily Struggles said...

I AM NEVER FLYING ON AN AIRPLANE AGAIN!!!