Thursday, July 22, 2010

Paul Koretz and Workplace Mobbing

The following is a biography of Paul Koretz, who as a member of the California Assembly, introduced a bill in the year 2003 that would have provided a remedy under California law for workers subjected to workplace mobbing.

http://dailstrug.blogspot.com/2010/07/california-anti-mobbing-bill-2003.html

It's interesting to observe that Koretz's father escaped Nazi Germany's persecution of Jews in 1939 by emigrating to America. It is this experience that enabled Paul's father to sensitize Paul to persecution of minorities.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Koretz

I was a victim of workplace mobbing at the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld from 1988 to 1991.  I believe that one motivation for the mobbing was anti-Semitism.

1 comment:

My Daily Struggles said...

I can say I was a victim of mobbing without contradicting the D.C. Superior Court and the D.C. Court of Appeals ruling in Freedman v. D.C. Dept. Human Rights.

The D.C. Court of Appeals affirmed a prior agency determination that I was not a victim of unlawful conduct under the D.C. Human Rights Act. The issue of mobbing was not before the D.C. Court of Appeals.

The action of the Justice Department in questioning my right to criticize the Court's action in Freedman was nonsensical. I am not protesting the Court's ruling in Freedman. I am protesting the fact that I was a victim of mobbing -- a legal issue that never came before the Court and for which there was no legal remedy in the 1990s.

Is there anybody in the DOJ with a brain? Lanny, maybe I should be glad your people don't have brains. All I need is somebody with the ability to issue checks on the 3rd of every month.