Monday, July 19, 2010

Was I a Victim of Mobbing by the George Washington University Medical Center?

In May 1994 I was administered a comprehensive battery of psychological tests by a psychology resident (Yu Ling Han) at the George Washington University Medical Center.  The testing was performed under the supervision of William Fabian, Ph.D.  Scrutiny of the written test report discloses that Yu Ling Han stole ideas from a psychological profile I had given her prior to testing; she presented my ideas and insights about my personality as her own in the test report, then proceeded to devalue my capacity for insight.

Yu Ling Han's act of stealing my ideas, passing them off as her own, then devaluing my capacity for insight has all the hallmarks of a subtle form of workplace harassment known as "mobbing." I believe that I was a victim of mobbing at my last place of employment. My belief that I was a victim of mobbing was rejected by my treating psychiatrists at GW as evidence of my paranoia, which the psychiatrists tried to "cure" by a recommendation that I take antipsychotic medication.

The following blog post suggests that I tend to be a victim of mobbing by jealous peers -- and the evidence for that proposition comes circumstantially from GW's own test report.


http://dailstrug.blogspot.com/2009/11/deconstructing-gws-psychological-test.html


The following is from the Urban Dictionary's entry on "mobbing."

2.mobbing

Also known as 'workplace bullying'. Mobbing is when a 
group of jealous individuals who can't measure up to your 
skill level decide to bully you. It's in reference to a behavior 
exhibited in animals. Usually the group in question will start 
stealing your work and trying to pass it off as their own yet 
never measuring up to your quality. The bosses and co-workers 
tend to favor you and these workers resent that. They then 
use both subtle and obvious techniques to try to force you to 
leave/quit or to make your life intolerable while in the 
environment. They will critisize your work which the bosses 
praise yet they will find fault in it all the while attempting to 
steal parts of it. They will accuse you of things you never did 
to try to make you look bad to get power and control over you 
and other workers, They will sit in their little group and pat each
other on the back for eachother's inferior work all the while 
ignoring yours. They will tell other people to stay away from 
you and that youre bad news so no one will support you or 
your work. They are relentless. The best thing you can do 
is completely ignore them or leave the company.
They were so envious I was always chosen they had to 
start mobbing me to gain control and not feel so inferior 
and powerless because they couldnt measure up.


No comments: