Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Mango -- Getting Banned from the Fruit-of-the-Poisonous-Tree Fruit Stand

One of my favorite Seinfeld Episodes is The Mango, which was first broadcast in September 1993.  The episode was nominated for an Emmy for best sitcom script.

For hardcore Seinfeld fans, the complete script can be found at the following site:

http://www.seinfeldscripts.com/TheMango.html

The following YouTube clip features scenes from the episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ6e9siQyrY

One Bite at the Mango (from the 1990s)

JUDGE [redacted]: This letter wasn't meant for me. This letter was meant for Judge Johnson.

GARY FREEDMAN: What, I can't send you a letter?

JUDGE [redacted]: Come on. Charles Ruff? Vernon Jordan? You think I don't know what that's about? That's Judge Johnson. Look, you got a problem with Judge Johnson, take it up with her. Don't take it up with me. She deals with that crowd. I don't deal with that crowd.

GARY FREEDMAN: I can't refer to Charles Ruff and Vernon Jordon?

JUDGE [redacted]: No. And I'll tell you something else. I don't want any more of your letters! Don't send me any more letters. Send your letters elsewhere.

GARY FREEDMAN: You're saying I'm banned?

JUDGE [redacted]: Yes! You're banned.

2 comments:

My Daily Struggles said...

In the late 1990s I used to write parodies of segments of Seinfeld scripts. I wrote this parody in the late 1990s.

Apparently I wanted to get banned from the fruitstand. Mysterious are the ways of the repetition compulsion!

My Daily Struggles said...

Sheer odds dictate that someday a "Judge Redacted" is going to be named to the federal bench. Then what?

Think about it!