Monday, July 12, 2010

Big Brother 12: The Token Podiatrist



The upcoming 12th season of Big Brother has taken more from Miami than just art deco house décor.

Andrew Gordon, 39, is a Miami Beach Orthodox Jewish foot doctor and one of 12 contestants for this season of CBS' voyeuristic reality TV series, Big Brother.

Gordon is a single father who has opted to bring his own cooking utensils into the house and is "ready to stir the pot in the Big Brother house."

Gordon has said that he will observe Shabbat, which entails not using electricity from sundown Friday until Saturday night. Executive producer Allison Grodner said no special accommodations will be made for Gordon's religious beliefs when it comes to the game.

"It's already going to be tough in that house, so it's going to be even tougher dealing with these extra little things," Gordon said. "People are probably going to look at me as an outsider and wonder what I'm doing and why I'm not eating their food. It's something I've had to explain my whole life as a practicing Jew. Whatever happens, I'll deal with it."

1 comment:

My Daily Struggles said...

Executive producer Allison Grodner said no special accommodations will be made for Gordon's religious beliefs when it comes to the game.

Me too, buddy.