Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Akin Gump -- Contact with Gertrude R. Ticho, M.D. -- 1996

The following is a letter I wrote to Gertrude R. Ticho, M.D. that was triggered by my receipt of the District's Reply Brief in Freedman v. D.C. Department of Human Rights, civil litigation pending in the D.C. Superior Court.  Akin Gump had advised the D.C. Department of Human Rights (May 22, 1992) that it had been advised, in an ex parte telephone communication with Dr. Ticho in late October 1991, that I was paranoid and potentially violent.  Note that the following letter I wrote to Dr. Ticho is business-like and professional, as are all my writings.  The typical response of a severely disturbed person in my position would be to write a letter that berated or threatened Dr. Ticho.  What possessed the U.S. Marshal to claim that I was an angry person on January 15, 2010?  We know the answer to that.  The U.S. Marshal was engaged in an unlawful act of intimidation only.


Dimitrios Georgopoulos, M.D., my treating psychiatrist at the George Washington University Medical Center, had diagnosed me with paranoid schizophrenia three months earlier, in February 1996.  I was not on any medication when I wrote the following letter.  In June 1996 the D.C. Superior Court ruled that Akin Gump had presented genuine and credible evidence that it had determined (in consultation with Dr. Ticho) that I was mentally disturbed, potentially violent and unfit for employment as of late October 1991.


Dr. Ticho did not reply to the following letter.

May 18, 1996
3801 Connecticut Ave., NW
#136
Washington, DC  20008-4530

Gertrude R. Ticho, M.D.
3120 Brandywine St., NW
Washington, DC

Dear Dr. Ticho:

Thank you for speaking with me by telephone on Saturday May 18, 1996.

As you will recall, I stated that the Government of the District of Columbia has reaffirmed its prior (incorrect) determination that you spoke with Malcolm Lassman and Dennis M. Race, two attorney managers at the law firm of Akin Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, in late October 1991.

It would be of great value to me if you could write out on your professional letterhead the following simple and brief statement that fully disavows the allegations made by the Government of the District of Columbia.


I did not make any of the statements attributed to me by the D.C. Department of Human Rights in Finding of Fact no 6 in the letter of determination issued on June 30, 1993 in Freedman v. Akin Gump.

It's that simple.  It should require only two minutes of your time  I will be forwarding your statement to the Office of Corporation Counsel of the District of Columbia--the attorney for the city.  For your information I enclose a copy of the referenced determination made by the D.C government that incorrectly refers to you.

I thank you very much for your assistance in clearing up this unfortunate misunderstanding.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

2 comments:

My Daily Struggles said...

I love my free half-million dollars! Isn't racketeering the greatest thing in the world?

Only 7 days till my next check from Uncle Sam!

My Daily Struggles said...

Eric Holder and Lanny Breuer: You need to come clean and tell the FBI and the OIG what you know. You both know a lot, I'm sure.