Wednesday, November 03, 2010

What Did Deputy A.G. Eric H. Holder Know and When Did He Know It? -- Letter to Chief of Staff

July 27, 1999
3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW
#136
Washington, DC 20008-4530

Kevin A. Ohlson
Chief of Staff
Office of the Deputy Attorney General
U.S. Department of Justice
Washington, DC 20530

Dear Mr. Ohlson:

This will respectfully advise, further to my letter to your office dated July 6, 1999, that I remain interested in employment at the U.S. Department of Justice.

As a courtesy to the Justice Department, I enclose correspondence that I have had with my former employer, the law firm of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld. A decision by that firm to reinstate  my employment as a new hire might affect my decisionmaking in connection with any possible future employment offer by the Justice Department.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

[I had sent Mr. Ohlson one of my "attention-grabbing" job inquiries.  I wonder if Mr. Ohlson spoke to Mr. Holder about the matter.  Presumably, I left out the part about the guns, the bullets, and the brain tissue.  Mr. Holder is a friend of Vernon Jordan, a management partner at Akin Gump.]

1 comment:

My Daily Struggles said...

The Deputy Attorney General was Eric H. Holder, Jr., Esq.