Thursday, November 10, 2011

GW Psychiatric Treatment: My Life as Sitcom Dialogue

July 12, 1993
3801 Connecticut Ave., NW
#136
Washington, DC  20008

Suzanne M. Pitts, MD
Dept. of Psychiatry
GW Univ. Medical Center
2150 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC  20037

Dear Dr. Pitts:

I offer the following without comment, except to note that it is an example of why I find it difficult to interact with you.  Some of your comments are worthy of the theater of the absurd.

July 6, 1993

FREEDMAN:  "Do you know Dr. Ticho?"

DR. PITTS: "No."

Later:

DR. PITTS:  "I am surprised that they say that Dr. Ticho is the person they contacted."

FREEDMAN:  "Why?"

DR. PITTS:  "She's elderly."

FREEDMAN:  "Do you know Dr. Ticho?"

DR. PITTS:  "I've met her."

FREEDMAN:  "Earlier, when I asked whether you knew Dr. Ticho, you said, 'no.'"

DR. PITTS:  "That 'no' didn't mean 'no.'"

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

No comments: