Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Letter to the FBI -- 1994 -- Freddie K. Rios

My motivation in writing this letter was to get various actors involved in my employment problems to make admissions that would be memorialized by the FBI.  Did Freddie Rios in fact speak with Dennis Race?  What did Dennis Race say, if anything, to Freddie Rios about my employment history at Akin Gump?  Freddie Rios had been the legal assistant administrator at Hogan & Hartson during my tenure at that firm from September 1985 to February 1988.  Ms. Rios worked closely with Craig W. Dye at Hogan on the firm's furniture inventory, beginning October 6, 1986, in preparation for the firm's relocation to Columbia Square.
_________________________

Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom
  
August 20, 1992
Mr. Gary Freedman
3801 Connecticut Ave., N.W.
Apartment 136
Washington, D.C.  20008

Dear Mr. Freedman

Thank you for the interest you have expressed in a position at Skadden, Arps.  Unfortunately, due to the large number of qualified applicants for the few available positions, we have had to make difficult decisions.  We are unable to invite many applicants, such as yourself, to our office for an interview.  If it later appears that we will be able to consider you for a position, we will be in touch with you.

Sincerely,

Ms. Freddie K. Rios
Manager, Legal Assistant Services
___________________

November 26, 1994
3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW
#136
Washington, DC 20008

Federal Bureau of Investigation
Washington Field Office
1900 Half Street, SW
Washington, DC 20324-1600

     RE: Freedman v. Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld

Dear Sir:

The enclosed document is forwarded further to my letter to you dated November 25, 1994.

The document is a letter from Freddie K. Rios 1/ dated August 20, 1992, written in response to my employment inquiry to the law firm of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom in the period after my job termination by Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, on October 29, 1991.

I had forwarded to Fredddie K. Rios a resume that listed Akin Gump as my previous employer. I do not know what communications, if any, Freddie K. Rios had with any Akin Gump supervisors or attorney managers in connection with my employment application. I believe that my letter of inquiry to Skadden, Arps listed Mr. Dennis M. Race of Akin Gump as a reference and included Mr. Race's telephone number.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

_____________________

1/ Freddie K. Rios had been legal assistant administrator at the law firm of Hogan & Hartson during the period of my employment at that firm, from September 1985 to February 1988. At the time I was hired by Akin Gump in June 1988, Akin Gump's then legal assistant administrator Margarita Babb advised me that she knew Freddie K. Rios and that she might speak with her about my employment background at Hogan & Hartson.

No comments: