Wednesday, November 09, 2011

American University Law School: The Mystery Student

In an earlier post I describe an anecdote that occurred in the fall of 1984 while I was a student in the LL.M. program at American University Law School. I reported that my law professor, Patrick F. J. MacCrory, became agitated in reaction to an oral presentation I gave in class.

I reported that a student in the class, who was herself a practicing attorney, said that I made a fool out of Mr. MacCrory: that he didn't understand what I was talking about.

I believe the student was Francene M. Augustyn, an attorney who practices in Washington, D.C.

Francene Augustyn is the author of  "A Primer for Incorporating under the Income Tax Laws of France, Germany, or the United Kingdom," published in 1985 in the Northwestern Journal of International Law & Business.

As of 1984 Patrick F.J. MacCrory was a partner at the law firm of Arnold & Porter.  In 1990 Mr. MacCrory became a member of Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, practicing in the International Trade group with such attorneys as Edward L. Rubinoff.  I worked at Akin Gump from March 1988 to late October 1991.

No comments: