Thursday, October 20, 2011

What Did Eric Holder Know and When Did He Know It? He Was on Notice About GW's Shenanigans

I underwent a two-hour psychiatric assessment at The George Washington University Medical Center Department of Psychiatry in September 1992.  Napoleon Cuenco, M.D., a psychiatry resident, diagnosed a psychotic mental illness, bipolar disorder (rule out schizoaffective disorder).  Dr. Cuenco arranged for me to consult my former treating psychiatrist Stanley R. Palombo, M.D., which consult occurred on October 2, 1992.  At that consult Dr. Palombo told me that he thought I was employable, without restriction.  I filed for Social Security Disability benefits on April 20, 1993, based on Akin Gump's determination that I was not suitable for employment, effective October 29, 1991.  SSA granted my disability claim effective August 17, 1993.

June 5, 1995
3801 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Apt. 136
Washington, DC  20008

Mr. Eric H. Holder, Jr.
U.S. Attorney for the
  District of Columbia
555 4th Street NW
Judiciary Center Building
Washington, DC  20001

RE: Freedman v. Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld

Dear Mr. Holder:

Enclosed for your information is a copy of the response of Jerry M. Wiener, M.D. to my letter to him dated May 22, 1995, a copy of which I had forwarded to you under cover letter of the same date.  Dr. Wiener does not address the issue of inconsistent determinations regarding the matter of my employability made, respectively, by my current treating psychiatrist (a supervised resident) and Stanley R. Palombo, M.D., a board certified psychiatrist in private practice; the issue falls squarely within Dr. Wiener's purview.

I want to advise the Office of U.S. Attorney that I have duly informed the U.S. Social Security Administration of all facts adverse to my disability claim, including the determination by Stanley R. Palombo, M.D., a clinical professor of psychiatry at the George Washington University Medical Center Department of Psychiatry, that I was employable as of October 2, 1992.  My consultation with Dr. Palombo on October 2, 1992 was arranged by the George Washington University Medical Center Department of Psychiatry, chaired by Jerry M. Wiener, M.D., in connection with my initial psychiatric assessment.  Dr. Palombo waived his fee for that consultation.

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

No comments: