Wednesday, October 26, 2011

GW Psychiatric Treatment -- Letter to President of GW

The following is a sarcastic letter that I sent to the then President of The George Washington University, Stephen J. Trachtenberg.  I was an out-patient in the GW Department of Psychiatry from September 1992 to June 1996.  I wrote the following letter months after my association with GW ended.  The subtext of the letter is extraterrestrial aliens.

October 21, 1996
3801 Connecticut Ave., NW
#136
Washington, DC  20008-4530

Stephen J. Trachtenberg
President
George Washington University
Washington, DC  20052

RE:  Medical Center Psych Patient no. 1287229 - Violence/Homicide Risk - D.C. Corporation Counsel Affirmation

Dear President Trachtenberg:

This will respectfully advise that I have been keeping federal and local authorities apprised of any suspect increases in my IQ, which, according to the George Washington University Medical Center may be associated with a worsening of my mental illness--an apparently rare and alien illness that does not seem to conform to psychopathology "as we know it."

Sincerely,

Gary Freedman

No comments: