Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I Must Have a Talent for Something!

The following is a scene from the Seinfeld episode, "The Puffy Shirt."

[Setting: A Restaurant]

ESTELLE: Maybe you should take a civil service test.

GEORGE: (Studying the salt shaker) I'm not taking a civil service test.

FRANK: Look at this, George. (Takes a coin out of his pocket) You ever seen a silver dollar?

GEORGE: Yes, I've seen a silver dollar.

ELAINE: Why don't you want to take a civil service test?

GEORGE: To do what?! Work in a post office? Is that what you want me to do?

FRANK: Would you believe when I was 18, I had a silver dollar collection?

ESTELLE: I don't understand. You get job security - you get a pay check every week.

GEORGE: I'm a college graduate. You want me to be a mailman?

FRANK: (Still looking at his coin) You know, I couldn't bring myself to spend one of these. I got some kind of a-a-a-a-a phobia.

ESTELLE: So what are you gonna do?!

GEORGE: I don't know. I do know that I have some kind of a talent -- something to offer. I just don't know what it is yet!

FRANK: I bet that collection would be worth a lot of money today.

GEORGE: (Looks fed up with his parents) Oh my God . . .

No comments: