Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Letter to Sister -- 1992

Dear Stell,

I want to offer my heartfelt thanks to the employees of Akin Gump, including certain members of the firm (you know who you are).

Your actions put me within the protection of the statute.

GF

The letter is an apparent reference to the fact that the behavior of Akin Gump employees regarding my perceived sexual orientation conferred protected status on me per the D.C.  Human Rights Act of 1977.

Psychologically, the brief message is revealing.  It shows my use of opportunism to remedy narcissistic injury.

1 comment:

My Daily Struggles said...

In persons disposed to violence, the individual will fall back on rage and violence to cure narcissistic injury.

I respond to narcissistic injury by "cashing in" -- literally or figuratively.